Friday 21 October 2016

Dubai Sheikh delivers $350,000 worth of emergency supplies to Haiti with his private jet

The Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates,Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum used his private cargo plane to deliver 90 tonnes of emergency supplies Haiti in Caribbean island in the wake of Hurricane Matthew.
 The displacement of more than 300,000 people in Haiti prompted him to send the stuffs worth abouth $350,000 to the people.
The delivery was supervised by the Sheikh's wife, Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, who personally oversaw the relief mission which included tents, mosquito nets, medical supplies and water purification units.She took to her instagram account and wrote,

"One image will forever be in mind, when I think of Haiti. I have seen in 2010, the devastation caused, and it was only because I was on an IHC envoy. The same cargo plane I came in today. Again today lives have been erased. It is all about what the country needs, but to an extent, it is also about what is given. We, as Arabs, are so fatigued from all the turmoil in the region. We fight on every front, and we have our own to feed and shelter. And through it all, there are still the good among us who are organizing aid relief to others around the world who also need our help. If I could just tell you the sense of humility I knew because my country the UAE had given and my people the Jordanians are there fighting.... it's a sense of identity and pride that others have given me. And I am thankful for it. Thank you Airwing, for flying us, not just to Haiti but everywhere. Thank you, to the angels in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and State who were my angels, ever present over the phone in Dubai to check all was well. Thank you to the IHC Staff and Board. And thank you, Your Highness Sheikh Mohammed. And thank you my country, you reached across the globe and proved when times are hard you are there.
I will end with one image of this trip I will never forget."

Pictures of the relief materials below,



No comments:

Post a Comment